- About Us
- Clutch Repairs & Replacement
- Car Servicing & Vehicle Servicing
- Privilege Plans
- MOT Testing
- Brake Replacement & Repairs
- Cambelt Repairs & Replacement
- Gearbox Repairs & Replacement
- Mr Fleet
- Car Batteries
- Car Exhausts
- Tyre Maintenance & Fitting
- General Car Repair Services
- Turbo Replacements
- Mr Clutch Privilege Card
- Air Conditioning
- Special Offers
- Reminder Service
- Contact Us
Working Hours: Mon to Fri 8.30-5.30 & Sat 8.30-5
Closing Date: 31st May 2013
Closing Date: 31st May 2013
Mr Clutch is a national Autocentre network and is recognised as the leading clutch, brake, service, cambelt and MOT provider, with over 40 Autocentres throughout the UK. Due to our recent expansion we are seeking a highly skilled technician to assist with the development of our Luton branch.
You will carry out repairs and servicing to the highest standard and appropriate specification. Similarly, you will test and diagnose faults, providing written reports on component defects and/or systems with impending failure. You will have excellent communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Only applicants with minimum 6 years hands on experience and qualifications in the motor industry should apply. In return, we offer excellent earning potential, a good bonus scheme & working practices.
Purpose of Job
The Technician is responsible for reparing and servicing motor vehicles of all types in accordance with Company standards in a safe, efficient manner.
Ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Carry out repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification
- To test and diagnose faults as requested
- To examine vehicles, recognise and provide a written report on vehicle or components defects or systems of impending failure
- Ensure all work is carried out observing safe working practices of self and others
- Advise on cost of repairs if requested by Autocentre Manager
- Manufacture as required, and within the limitations of machinery available, simple component parts
- Keep up to date on all technical service instruction data supplied
- Assist in supporting other Autocentres as requested by Autocentre Manager to share best practice.
- Ensure all working practices and procedures comply with requirements
- Ensure compliance with Health and Saftey at Work Act 1974 and the Company’s policy, including any related legislation
- Liase and seek advise from colleagues and superiors in situations that are over and above the work specified
- Complete relevant service documentation (job cards, service reports) in line with warranty and Company requirements
- Promote and maintain the Company image, acting as a brand ambassador
- Ensure that the Autocentre housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of special and personal tools.
Strictly No Agencies