- About Us
- Clutch Repairs & Replacement
- Car Servicing & Vehicle Servicing
- Privilege Plans
- MOT Testing
- Brake Replacement & Repairs
- Cambelt Repairs & Replacement
- Gearbox Repairs & Replacement
- Mr Fleet
- Car Batteries
- Car Exhausts
- Tyre Maintenance & Fitting
- General Car Repair Services
- Turbo Replacements
- Mr Clutch Privilege Card
- Air Conditioning
- Special Offers
- Reminder Service
- Contact Us
Brake Replacement & Repairs
Mr Clutch can replace the brakes on any make or model of vehicle and holds stock on the widest possible selection of brakes, regardless of shape and size. So, if your brakes need replacing, we should be able to do it that very day.
We operate a Fixed Price Brake Replacement Schedule based on your engine size.
Brake checks are an important part of your vehicle servicing requirements, so we recommend that you have your brakes inspected periodically and not just when you have your MOT test. If you tend to use your car mainly for short journeys for instance, it is likely that you will wear the brakes down quicker than if the car is used predominantly for longer trips. It is, therefore, important that you can spot the most common tell-tale signs of when your brake pads are in need of changing or repair.
The two most common signs of brake wear are:
- A grinding noise - this usually suggests that the brake pads have reached the minimum thickness. It is advisable that you contact your local autocentre to have your brakes checked and suitably repaired.
- Pull to the left or right when braking - this normally indicates there could be a sticking on the brake disc or issues with the brake's hydraulics.
Our brake check facility gives a clear picture of the condition of your vehicle's brakes, whether you need new brake pads, brake discs or if the braking system itself is in need of repair. All elements are inspected against the manufacturer's specification, which means Mr Clutch will help you get your brakes back to the most efficient standard.